Pan Con Bistec Is a Cuban dish which when translated to English means steak sandwich. It is not as girthy as an American steak sandwich like the phily cheesesteak sandwich but it is a great steak sandwich nonetheless. So here it is
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 2 Loaves Cuban bread
- 4 Top round steaks (thin sliced)
- 4 small yellow onions
- 1 large can of potato sticks
- 2 Tomatoes
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- Canola oil
- Garlic Powder
- Dried oregano
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Canola oil
- Combine 1 tsp. Sea salt, 1 tsp garlic powder, ½ tsp dried oregano, ¼ tsp. Cumin, a pinch of black pepper in a bowl, and mix. Season steaks with this seasoning.
- Add 2 tbsp of the canola oil to a skillet at medium heat. Were using canola oil since it is a neutral oil.
- Add steaks to skillet cook each steak for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- After cutting the yellow onions into small slices. Cook the onions after the steaks in the same skillet. Do not even wash the skillet. Cook onions until soft, golden brown. About 3-5 minutes.
- Cut the two loaves of bread in half so you will have four sandwiches.
- Now build the sandwich. Add the steak and then a generous amount of onions. Then the tomatoes, lettuce, potato sticks and last but not least a good amount of mayo. Like 1 tbsp.
- Once the sandwich is built put it in a sandwich presser or you could use two pans one pressing the other and the sandwich in between. Add a good amount of butter on top of the sandwich so it comes out even better. WALAAA. You have an amazing steak sandwich.
For The Mamey Shake Recipe
Ingredients: (serves 3 full glasses)
- 2 Mameys (the fruit)
- 1 can of condensed milk
- Half a gallon of regular milk
- 2 cups of ice
- Put 1 and a half Mamey’s in a blender.
- Add ½ a can of condensed milk
- Add 3 cups of regular milk
- Add 2 cups of ice
And blend together. This is amazing it tastes great and is a great combination with the steak sandwiches.
So there you have it Steak Sandwiches (pan con bistec) with batido de mamey. Mamey Shake.
We know a few recipes. But we don’t own a restaurant. We actually provide vending machines for all of south Florida. But check us out for your vending machine Miami. And also reach out to us if you want more recipes like these.
Also Read: Best Slow Cookers In the market